· Analyze Developments. Discover and diligence investments across the real estate space. Create and maintain financial models, investment committee memos, client reporting, perform due diligence requests, return attribution and departmental profitability. (which will include traveling) and prepare investment committee memos, financial models, presentations and more to help management decide which companies to invest in and strategically partner alongside.
· Complete Market Intelligence. Everyday more people and companies are devoting themselves to doing incredible things in this space and the markets we do business in. You need to stay on top of these ideas, decide which ones present an opportunity and present those ideas in a concise way to management.
· Build Projects. Participate in the design, development and delivery of real estate content and analytics in support of new product evaluation as well as ongoing marketing and due diligence efforts.
· Raise Capital. Contributing to marketing, fundraising, and client relations efforts by providing as-needed information on fund performance, forecasted results, distribution timing and other important data points.
· Liaise with Leadership. Help ensure all strategic initiatives are on track.
WILL YOU LOVE THIS JOB?
· A doer – You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
· A big picture thinker – While you are obsessed with the details, you also need to maintain a big picture attitude on what will make our company most successful over the long term
· A self-starter – The mission of our company is a big one. You have limitless opportunities (and responsibilities) to create commercial possibilities that could leave our company in a better place.
· A team player – You have a great attitude. No task can be too big or too small for any team member.
· A numbers whiz – You’re analytical. Using numbers to dissect problems and communicate insights comes easy to you.
· An organizer – You pay attention to detail and can execute a plan in a methodical way.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, accounting and business management
· MUST HAVE 3-6 years of real estate finance and development experience, preferably in a private equity, financial services, or family office environment
· Formal credit analysis training at national or regional bank a strong plus
· Demonstrable competence in abstracting loan agreements, JV agreements, commercial leases, and relevant documents
· Demonstrable competence in creating property and fund level cash flow models in Excel. An Excel test will be administered, and work samples may be requested
· Demonstrable understanding of Multifamily, Retail and Office property operations
· Excellent communication skills, including clear and concise written communication skills including the ability to work with and present to C-level executives and board members; a writing sample will be requested
· High standards for work product quality and ability to complete complex assignments with limited oversight
· Strong interest in real estate and private equity industry
· IT skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook required, experience with Argus, and real estate data providers such as CoStar and RealPage preferred