GLC On The Go Is seeking a Dental Assistant for a long term Government contract at a correction facility located in Bryan, Texas.
Schedule is Monday-Friday 7:30a- 4:00p with a 30-minute unpaid meal break
Dental Assistant Job Duties
• Assists Dental Officer in dental specialty sections:restorative,oral surgery, periodontics,prosthetics,and examinations.
• Assists Dental Officer by preparing dental instruments, essential materials,drugs,and medications
• Passes instruments,retracts tissues,irrigates oral cavity,and operates a spirator
• Dental screeningexamination
• Dental and periodontalcharting
• Places temporaryfillings
hygiene aides and prophylaxis paste to provide necessary oral prophylactic services
• Selectsandappliesmedication inproperportionandanti-cariogenicagentstosurfaceofteethAppliesmedicationprescribedbyaDentalOfficertogingivatopromotehealing
• Fabricatesandrepairsdentalprosthesisandappliances undersupervision
• Obtainsdiagnosticquality periapical,occlusal,lateral. jaw,TMJ,andpanographicradiographs
2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year
Health Insurance Available
The Dental Assistant shall possess specialty training from a licensed dentist and/or certification
from an accredited Dental Assistant school. Training must include dental radiology and
Radiology safety. The Dental Assistant shall have a minimum of two (2) years of experience
providing Dental Assistant services.
Bilingual oral communication skills and experience in a clinical correctional setting are desirable.
Current CPR Certification.