Dental Assistants needed for a long term federal contract at a minimum security Correctional Facility.
Day Shift M-F, no weekends or holidays.
The prospective contractor will provide Dental Assistant services as delineated below tor the inmate population at the United States
FCI and Federal Prison Camp, Bennettsville, South Carolina.
The prospective contractor shall be responsible for:
1. Be able to use and understand the dental equipment, instruments, and materials currently at FCI Bennettsville.
2. Will become familiar with FBOP health record forms, their proper scanning, and security.
3. Provide chair side assistance to the dentist during restorative, prosthodontics, periodontics, endodontic, and oral surgery procedures.
This will be accomplished in the main clinic and in the satellite treatment rooms located in the lockdown areas.
4. Operate radiographic equipment, demonstrate proficiency in radiographic techniques, process films and properly mounts them for
interpretation. They will demonstrate current knowledge in radiographic safety measures.
5. Perform screening exams and charts existing conditions under a dentist's, or physicians supervision.
6. Places transitional restorations in emergency situations.
7. Take preliminary prosthetic impressions and pour the models.
8. Remove sutures.
9. Deliver post-surgical care for alveolitis or persistent bleeding under the supervision of a dentist.
10. Re-cementation of fixed prosthodontics restorations under the supervision of a dentist.
11. Is certified to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
12. Has knowledge of Infection Control Techniques.
13. Will be current in OSHA guidelines affecting the practice of dentistry.
14. Assist in scheduling patients for the dental clinic via call outs.
15. Maintain daily statistics of the patients seen in the dental clinic.
16. Possess a current and valid license/certificate from a United States jurisdiction.
17. Scanning of medical records and reports as needed.