GLC On The Go is seeking Dental Assistants for full time government contracting positions located in Bastrop, Texas. The facility is a Federal Correctional Facility housing low and medium security inmates.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (no Holiday or weekends)
Hours: 7:30a-4:00p with a 30-minute unpaid meal break
Description of Duties:
- Mix and handle dental materials, such as amalgam, composites, polysulfide base, silicone base rubber impression material, gypsum products, acrylics, irreversible hydrocolloid, zinc‐oxide‐ eugenol preparation and dental cements.
- Places treatment restorations. Take, process, and mount intraoral radiographs.
- Maintain dental instruments and equipment in clean and operative condition.
- Provide preventative maintenance with scope of knowledge on autoclaves, compressor, x‐ray developer, hand pieces, and central suction.
- Maintain knowledge and proper use of autoclaves and conduct weekly spore checks.
- Support dental staff in providing direct patient care by applying rubber dams, removing sutures, and changing periodontal and oral surgery dressings.
- Instruct patients on oral hygiene education.
- Performs model pouring and trimming, processes, repairs and polishes prosthetic appliances, and fabricates custom trays and bite blocks.
Administrative duties include: obtaining medical charts; entering patient appointments and daily treatment data in the computer; responding to inmate requests; tracking and scheduling screening oral exams; making copies of all dental forms; performing inventory of needles and sharps; dental instruments and flammable materials; ordering dental supplies; updating patient treatment lists; processing sick‐call patients; answering phones; administering tests and maintaining a log of training hours for inmate student dental assistants; assist with monthly chart reviews; obtain supplies from the warehouse; prepare duty status forms; record treatment notes as dictated by the dentist; generate memos, letters and approval of visits; prepare quarterly reports.
The Dental Assistant must possess and maintain a current CPR certification, have certification from an accredited Dental Assistant program, be computer literate, and have knowledge of medical record keeping. The Dental Assistant must have knowledge of dental anatomy, related oral anatomy, technical methods and practices of dentistry, and the working characteristics of dental instruments and materials sufficient to make necessary preparations and provide chair side assistance to the dental staff.
- Paid Holidays ( 10 Federal)
- 2 weeks paid Vacation
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Group Medical Insurance