Schedule is Monday-Friday from 6:00am -2:30pm with a 30-minute unpaid meal break
Description of Duties
The contractor shall be responsible for to providing a range of standard patient care under the guidance of physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, paramedics, and other allied health staff within the Primary Care Provider Team (PCPT). Duties will be performed in accordance with standards and methods generally accepted within the contractor's field of expertise. Such duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform direct patient care services, treatments and procedures as directed by the PCPT.
• Triage inmate medical complaints during sick call utilizing established protocols.
• Provide first aid and assist with emergency medical care to inmates as needed including cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• Collect patient vital signs including body temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, height, weight, and pain level. Interview patients to obtain health history. Record/document findings of patient care activities on appropriate records. Complete written or electronic medical record documentation in an accurate, well-organized, legible, and timelymanner.
· Review clinical records to ensure data is accurate and recorded in the appropriate section of the medicalrecord.
· Assist the PCPT in the management and oversight of chronic careclinics.
· Operate unit specific equipment in a competent and efficient manner. Assist with daily equipmentchecks.
· Administer and document medications accurately according to policy/procedure and physician orders. Administer immunizations and tuberculin skin testing asordered.
· Recognize and report adverse drug reactions and side effects to thePCPT.
· Perform wound care and dressingchanges.
· Perform diagnostic tests including but not limited to peak flow, 12-lead EKG, blood glucose level, and fecal occult bloodtesting.
· Perform venipuncture, draw blood for lab testing, and administer intravenousfluids.
· Assist with administrative duties including but not limited to medical trip packets, Utilization Review Committee meeting minutes, and patientscheduling.
· Provide counseling and patient education toinmates.
· Apply aseptic technique and infectioncontrol.
10 paid Holidays
2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year
Health Insurance available
The LPN must have a minimum of one year of experience as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse (one year of experience is preferred but not required); must have graduated from an accredited school or training program for Licensed Practical Nursing or Licensed Vocational Nursing; and be CPR certified. The LPN must be licensed with the proper authorities to practice in any state in the United States. One year, or more of experience in a correctional environment is preferred, but not required.