LPN needed for a long term federal contract at a minimum security Correctional Facility.
Day Shift M-F, no weekends or holidays.
Licensed Practical Nurse:
The prospective contractor shall be responsible for:
1. Incumbent provides a range of standard patient care, established protocols and standing orders for handling inmate complaints during
sick call under the guidance of a Supervisory Clinical Nurse, MLP, and Physicians. Provides nursing care appropriate to the level
of education and training for acutely or chronically ill patients.
2. Duties include managing patient flow and triage, responding to institution emergencies with Registered Nurse, Mid-level practitioner
or Physician back up, screening new arrivals, assessing inmates returning from consultant visits or hospitalizations under the guidance
of a Supervisory Clinical Nurse, MLP, and Physicians.
3. Providing patient education.
4. The incumbent provides first aid and assists with providing emergency medical care to inmates injured in fights and/or accidents.
The incumbent will assist with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
5. Administers and documents medications accurately according to policy/procedure and physician orders.
6. Recognizes and reports adverse drug reactions and side effects.
7. Provides documentation in the medical record which is descriptive of patients# conditions and relates to the current treatment plan.
8. Responds and intervenes appropriately to emergencies and submits written documentation.
9. Will collect patient information including vital signs and blood pressure checks, as well as providing dressing changes, administering
treatments and/or medications, EKG#s, etc. Reports significant abnormalities to the physicians.
10. Utilizes resources appropriately. Collaborates with and informs a Registered Nurse, MLP, Physicians of any changes in patient’s
behavior, health status or any other patient care concerns or significant changes.
11. Communicates effectively with patients and health care team members.
12. Performs patient care, treatments and procedures as directed by a Registered Nurse, MLP, and Physicians with attention to accuracy,
patient safety and comfort.
Performs Waived Testing.
13. A. Accurately uses Glucometer 3 to check patient’s glucose level. Checks control.
14. B. Accurately performs hemoccult testing and control measures.
C. Performs 12 lead EKG.
15. Measures and records body temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure to the medical record. Reports significant abnormalities
to the Physician.
16. Applies the principles of asepsis and infection control.
17. Maintain daily sick call list/call out.
18. Possess a current and valid license/certificate from a United States jurisdiction.