Medical Assistant needed for a long term federal contract at a minimum security Correctional Facility.
Day Shift M-F, no weekends or holidays.
The prospective contractor will provide Medical Assistant services as delineated below tor the inmate population at the United States
FCI and Federal Prison Camp, Bennettsville, South Carolina.
The prospective contractor shall be responsible for:
1) Providing nursing care to include taking and recording patient history, vital signs, scanning, making appointments, assisting
PA’s/NP’S/RN’S and physicians in clinical activities.
2) Drawing blood from patients for analysis or other medical tests, glucose sticks.
3) Phlebotomy duties such as collecting and processing laboratory tests.
4) Operation of EKG machines and other special medical apparatus and equipment within the Health Services Department.
5) Assisting the medical providers and visiting clinical specialty consultants in the management and coordination of patient flow
through the chronic care clinic, optometry and general clinics when scheduled.
6) Assisting primary providers in the urgent care room when necessary, and utilize basic medical equipment.
7) General medical assistant duties.
8) Pulling, filing and copying medical records and maintain supplies in all exam rooms.
9) Screening eye exams and assist physicians and mid-level practitioners in minor surgical cases if needed.
10) Maintain daily sick call list/call out.