Job Type :
Reference Code :
Start Date :
End Date :
Required Years of Experience :
Job Category :
Select a Value
Job Description :
GLC Government Service is seeking an experienced MRI Tech for long term contract assignments at National Institutes of Health Clinical Center located in Bethesda, Maryland. The Clinical Center is a 200+ bed research facility performing phase I and II clinical trials. This is a unique opportunity to work at the world's largest bio-medicine facility with leading edge technology.
Shift: Monday - Friday, Day shift
- Performs routine and specialized duties related to MRI imaging of patients and research subjects according to standard and research protocols and SOPs.
- Demonstrates analytical abilities to identify and review problem situations, high level of responsibility and independence.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, and work area in accordance with departmental guidelines and expectations; includes imaging QA and minor troubleshooting.
- Maintains accurate, comprehensive, and timely documentation of all activities.
- Performs computer processing of acquired imaging; demonstrates and maintains working knowledge of imaging processing and software/hardware components.
- Performs IV placement, administers contrast agents, provides other patient care duties within scope of license.
- Coordinates studies by retrieving and processing requisitions and data, reviews requests for pertinent information and obtains patient history as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize serious health emergencies and responds with appropriate action, is aware of contraindications of testing.
- Performs research duties (e.g., protocol planning/development, scanning, completing forms, informed consent, etc.) according to good clinical practices (GCP),regulations, institutional policies, and IRB/HIPAA.
Required Qualifications :
2 years experience as an MRI Tech working in a inpatient setting
ARRT certified in MR
Experienced with Philips and Siemens machines