For candidates seeking the right positions, GLC Group is the recruiting firm that creates value for you by investing the time and resources to truly recognize and discern your capabilities, goals, and career plans at a personal level. This investment allows us to quickly and effectively connect you with the opportunities that you are seeking.
GLC Group is a leading recruiting firm that has been in operation for over a decade. Combined with our staff's extensive experience, GLC has developed an expansive nationwide network of employers that rely solely on us as their recruitment partner. These trusted relationships allow for us to maintain exclusivity over many available positions and also increases the speed with which our candidates are placed.
Per Diem Pharmacist
Under general direction, ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for the pharmacy; dispenses prescribed medications; may provide functional supervision of support staff.
• Interpret and fill drug orders.
• Provide patient information and counseling.
• Contact and confer with physicians regarding questions or irregularities on prescriptions.
• Dispense prescriptions, compound, and prepare I.V. admixtures (if applicable).
• Monitor drug therapy for contraindications, interactions, allergies and appropriateness.
• Maintain patients’ medication records.
• Maintain inventory and records of controlled drugs and other drugs as required by law.
• Supervise pharmacy technicians in routine performance of their duties.
• Provide drug information to professional staff and patients as necessary.
• Participate in inventory control programs such as ordering, inventorying and monitoring correct pricing and quantities.
• Attend and participate in programs, committees, meetings, and functions as required by the facility or pharmacy.
• Participate in educational programs for professional staff as necessary.
• Participate in pharmacy orientation programs, pharmacy staff meetings and in-service educational programs.
• Participate in activities resolving unsafe and unsanitary practices.
• Exemplify excellence in customer communications and service.
• Work cooperatively with other staff members to enhance the team concept.
• Participate in the Performance Improvement Program.
• Maintains regular attendance in accordance with established policies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Pharmacist / RPH
(With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
• Requires standing for long periods.
• Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
• Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
• Must possess the sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately, so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
• Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with other staff.
• Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
• Must be able to operate office, business, and accounting machines.
• May require lifting of heavy boxes.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach for shelved items.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Pharmacist / RPH
• Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours.
• Works in well lighted/ventilated office areas.
• Subject to frequent interruptions.
• May be exposed to hazardous materials and toxic substances.
• Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
• Attend and participate in continuing educational programs.
• Communicates with both external and internal customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or a Pharm.D.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced pharmacy work environment and ability to multi-task.
• Excellent leadership qualities and coaching skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Self-directed and highly engaged, but also able to work well in a team.
• Must have a work ethic that is focused, accurate, and highly productive.
• Ability to solve problems and encourage others in collaborative problem solving.
• Skills and Abilities of the Pharmacy:
• Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining to the disbursement of pharmaceutical drugs.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
• Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements (if applicable).
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to assume essential responsibilities and duties in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager
To view more positions like these go to: