Phlebotomist needed for a long term federal contract at a minimum security Correctional Facility.
Day Shift M-F, no weekends or holidays.
The prospective contractor will provide Phlebotomist services as delineated below tor the inmate population at the United States FCI
and Federal Prison Camp in Bennettsville, South Carolina
The prospective contractor shall be responsible for:
1. Collecting clinical laboratory specimens (human blood) for inmate testing requested by a clinician. Collection of specimens will be
accomplished via routine venipuncture and capillary procedures.
2. Collecting other body fluids and clinical specimens (i.e. stool, urine, sputum). Incumbent instructs patients on proper collection of
specimens such as stool and urine for laboratory analysis.
3. Is responsible for specimen processing and transport. Processing will include, but not be limited to, specimen centrifugation, spin
down, mixing, preparing and packaging specimens for shipment.
4. Appropriately handles infectious and bio-hazardous waste.
5. Assists laboratory staff in a variety of laboratory related activities, including but not limited to, ordering entry into a computerized
laboratory information system, preparing laboratory related paperwork, storing and inventorying laboratory supplies.
6. Will maintain required competency training as outlined by accrediting standards and local policy.
7. Maintain accurate inventory of all needles and syringes used to replace sub stock inventory.
8. Scanning of medical records and reports as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
a. Possess a current and valid license/certificate from a United States jurisdiction.
10. Conduct routine checks of equipment and temperature logs