1. Assisting the Physician, Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner or Nurse with patient flow in a clinic setting by retrieving medical records, measuring the patient's vital signs and weight, recording patient complaints and assisting with diagnostic report retrieval, processing, handling and record documentation and filing as needed. The Contractor will also be responsible for scanning laboratory results in the Bureau Electronic Medical Record (BEMR).
2. Organizing, scheduling and performing laboratory studies, specimen collection, and processing and vaccination competence within the Health Service Unit, to include A&O in-processing, DNA per procedure, paternity test lab collection, finger stick blood sugars, vaccine programs, and PPD updates.
3. Prepare and ensure specimen packing and transporting according to the Contract or BOP Reference Lab per Blood Borne Pathogen transport regulations and documentation per Health Services Unit Laboratory Procedures. Assure that: Lab requests are completed properly; all reports are returned from the Contract Lab; provider is notified; results are logged as received and followed-up appropriately; and results are filed in Lab and medical record.
4. Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of the Health Services Manual and Unit Procedures necessary to accomplish the mission described herein, performing and ensuring that Laboratory Procedure Manual is updated accordingly.
5. Assisting the Health Services Administrator or designee in the coordination of BOP and Contract Reference Lab contacts, maintain account of CLIA certification dates and necessary renewals, provision of monthly pathological specimen results, tracking of abnormal results and follow-ups, maintenance of equipment and notification of needed supplies.
1. Provide a valid certification to practice in the state of California as a Medical Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician or Phlebotomist.
2. Must be Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified, in accordance with the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
3. Provide evidence of training, competence and experience with specimen collection, packaging and shipment requirements per Biohazard Shipment Training regulations to referral laboratories with knowledge of maintaining appropriate records.
4. Provide three (3) letters of reference describing performance.
5. prefer candidates that can speak Spanish