This client is transitioning to a small but mighty crew dedicated to cost and project accounting for within in the South Florida market. A candidate will have some Real Estate property accounting experience although it is not required.
Your ability to build both internal and third party relationships will create the atmosphere necessary to foster positive vendor relations for ease of communication with key decision-makers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule monthly project review meetings and issue project sheets to all applicable project managers.
- Update Estimated Cost to Complete upon completion of the project review meetings and send out meeting minutes.
- Follow-up on open action items from Project Review meetings. Follow-up to include working with the Project Managers, Project Assistants, A/P and other Accounting Personnel.
- Assist with month-end close process
- On a monthly basis, close completed jobs in ERP System
- On an annual basis, Inactivate completed jobs and perform other related clean up items within the ERP System
- Prepare monthly forecast
- Create and fill out necessary risk assessment forms when a job is booked where applicable
- Assist with both internal and external auditors for project related requirements.
- Finance or Accounting degree preferred although we will speak to solid Associate Degrees
- One (1) year of accounting experience, willing to train certain aspects of the job
- One (1) year of office experience
- Understanding Accounting Software is a plus.
- Understanding of construction-based accounting in general is a plus, bu not required
- Self-motivated and a good communicator, both written and oral.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills