GLC Government Services is seeking an Ultrasound Technician to work a Government contract for a year period at Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona.
HOURS: Normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 0700-1730. The total hours of routine clinic service are the equivalent of a 9-hour shift with 60 minutes for unpaid lunch period or 8.5 with a 30-minute lunch.
· Operate ultrasound scanners. Operate the linear, sector, and endovaginal probes as well as pulse and color Doppler capabilities of provided scanners.
. Perform a full range of diagnostic ultrasonic examinations including but not limited to: obstetrical sonography, including imaging of all fetal anatomy in order to obtain accurate dating and growth parameters and evaluate for fetal abnormalities and problems with the pregnancy; pelvic sonography, including imaging of all pelvic anatomy to attain accurate assessment of suspected pathology; and endovaginal sonography exams to obtain accurate assessment of suspected pelvic pathology; abdominal sonography to include all major organs and systems of the abdomen; small parts sonography to include scans of the breast, thyroid and testicles; and limited vascular sonography to include carotid, aortic and lower extremity venous duplex scans.
· Performs numerous complex sonographic scanning on all anatomical areas for in-utero neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Assists radiologist and/or other physicians in performing invasive diagnostic techniques such as biopsies, aspirations and intraoperative localization of lesions, or other similar procedures.
· Notify physician of significant scans requiring immediate attention.
· Stock and maintain an adequate level of supplies required to ultrasound examinations.
· Recommend necessary repairs when diagnostic quality is degraded.
· Make minor adjustments on equipment.Differentiate artifacts from normal or pathological processes and recognize electronic equipment limitations. Program the examination equipment, set up the machine and scanning techniques to be employed.
Current registration as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
A minimum of 1 year of full-time experience within the last 2 years in a simliar setting.
Current BLS Certification