Part Time Clinical Physical Therapist
GLC On The Go is seeking a Part Time Weekend Clinical Physical Therapist for the National Institutes of Health Rehabilitative Medicine Department located at the Clinical Research Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Patients are admitted to the NIH Clinical Center from all over the world for the sole purpose of participating in a clinical research protocol. The Rehabilitation Medicine Department (RMD) at the NIH provides consult clinical services to the Institutes, collaborates with institute physicians in research protocols, and conducts independent research.
This is a Federal Contract Assignment for a period of 1 year, with the potential for extension.
The schedule is Friday and Saturday 8:30a-4:00p with some predetermined Sundays and Holidays based on patient scheduling. Additional weekday shift available. Will consider every other week Friday or Saturday. Willing to consider all availability..
Job Description: Provide direct clinical physical therapy evaluation in both inpatient and outpatient settings for medically complex patients in a biomedical research environment.
• Provide specific evaluation and physical therapy treatment for medically
• Complex patients and provide documentation in the electronic medical
• Record system, (Clinical Research Informatics System CRIS).
• Record basic patient notes, with particular emphasis on documenting specific recommendations and, when appropriate, assure that recommendations are carried out before the patient is discharged.
• Provide quarterly monthly statistics.
• Provide consultations with therapists, physicians, and families.
• Documentation and compliance with Quality Assurance and Clinical Center competencies and training.
• Complete assessment and administration of patients with rare neurological and genetic diagnoses including the selection of appropriate standardized outcome measurements with established validity and reliability
• Provide instruction and consultation to RMD staff, residents, trainees, fellows, and students in clinical patient care from the hours of (8:30am – 4:00pm), administering standardized outcome measures and intervention as needed.
• Conduct in-services and/or RMD Grand Rounds for staff when requested.
Document training, consultation, and patient care services provided
• Eight consecutive years of documented clinical physical therapy experience performing the following types of tasks: providing acute care specialized physical therapy care to patients with conditions that are not responding to regular treatment or who are receiving experimental or infrequently used treatment; administering standardized outcome measurement assessments for acutely-ill patients; providing patients and family counseling, health education, and serving as a patient advocate along with other health care professionals; serving in a formal or informal physical therapy leadership position, advising staff, and role modeling professional practices, collaborations and effective communications; directing and performing physical therapy quality assurance and quality control activities as they relate to hospital policy and procedures.
• Have a minimum of seven years of documented recent clinical experience in standardized outcome measurement administration.•
• Experience with medically compromised, fragile, acute care or rehabilitation patients is preferred but not required.
- A degree or diploma from a professional accredited physical therapy program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time of program completion.
- Have an active, current license as a professional physical therapist
- Possess current BLS certification.
- Possess a specialty certification from the American Board Physical Therapy Specialization (ABPTS) through the American Physical Therapy Association and/or lymphedema certification is preferred but not required.